Wednesday, May 25, 2011

R.I.P. American Professional Sports


I remember when professional athletes used to just be about playing the game that they love.  Somewhere along the line, they became more about running their mouths.  I imagine that that is a result of the REDICULOUS amount of money that these OVERpriveledged whiners get paid.  Why do we NEED to hear from them after each and every game??  Why does ANYBODY care what they have to say??  How about this: they get an opportunity to speak before the first game of the season and then again, for a half hr, after the final game of the year.  THAT would work for me:)  Why do they get paid SO MUCH??  Duh... it's because the blinded consumers that buy there apparel(I've been guilty) are supporting the ridiculousness.  Professional sports in this country are a thing of the past, IMHO.  Hopefully the NFL never plays again.  They could turn all of the ridiculous stadiums into homeless camps, for all I care.  The NBA, biggest joke of them all, IMHO.  I still don't understand why the State of Washington allows NBA apparel to be sold in their state.  Oh, wait...  it's the money.  Imagine all the money people could save and put to a more REAL use.  Imagine if teachers, who are VERY important to the future of civilization, made even a tenth of what these athletes make.  Then again, maybe I'd be writing about them being the OVERpriveledged whiners. Uhhh... Probably not.  Just Sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment